Use these interview tips for job hunting success!
It’s a tough job market out there today. And getting the job you want requires more than just a killer resume. In other words, you can’t just sell yourself on paper. You also have to be able to do it in person–in a face-to-face job interview.
Here are a few interview tips to help you make a great impression on the person who interviews you.
1. Market your skills and related experience in the field that you are applying for. Be sure to do it in a way that is positive, but not cocky or aggressive.
2. Research the company before your interview. It’s a great way to know where you would fit into the organization. It also lets the employer know that you really want to be a part of the company.
3. Prepare answers to common interview questions ahead of time, and practice saying them, so you aren’t stumped during the interview.
4. Dress for success, in the manner you would dress for the position you’re seeking.
5. Bring a list of your own questions with you in a folder with the company’s name on it, so that you don’t forget them. You should keep your extra resumes in there too.
6. Be a good listener and focus. Some job seekers talk too much during interviews.
7. Be prepared to describe your weaknesses as strengths. For example, saying that you are overenthusiastic about performing at your best.
8. Make eye contact with your interviewer.
9. Don’t volunteer your personal opinions to your interviewer about any subjects unless you are asked.
10. Try to establish a good rapport with your interviewer. Be casual but professional, and most importantly BE YOURSELF! Take the time to implement these interview tips before your next job hunt. It’ll give you a leg up on your competition!
Kathi MacNaughton, a freelance writer and editor, has years of management and recruitment experience. For tips & advice on writing powerful resumes, see http://www.powerful-sample-resume-formats.com. Copyright 2004 Kathi MacNaughton. All rights reserved.
article source: adzines.com